Tuesday, April 9, 2013

40 Days of US (With Angry Bird) - Final Blog


Well.. it took a good 5 months to finally finalize this blog. But here it is. I must say that now having little bit of time between the travel and writing I'm finding different perspectives to the whole journey. With all the people I met, all the sights that I managed to squeeze in to that 40 days and all the long days of driving I've learned to appreciate every singe moment of the travel. Most likely this feeling will deepen as time goes by. Even though I must say that finishing this one, I was tired, More than I admitted at the time.

It is always so worth it and I must say that I do feel now that I know and understand a little bit better the people of this magnificent country. I knew that it'd be big but just the difference between the different type of nature you can find when going around. Every state was great for different reasons but two states shined over others in my eyes. Both in the western part of US. Colorado and Utah, right next to each other. Such a scenery and friendliness of people (which I found from all around though). These two states definitely caught my interest and I wouldn't be surprised if I'd find myself back from there one of these years.
Chicago

Out of all the bigger cities I visited my personal favorite ended up being Chicago. Somehow the city had such a nice feel from the very moment I drove into it. This feeling was emphasized by the history of the city the cultural aspects couple of individuals who happened to be friendly and interesting and above all: the PIZZA! hah.. it's true what they say, there's nothing like it!

All and all the journey was well worth it. If I'd do it again I'd certainly do things somewhat different. But I'm extremely happy to have done this one as I did it. Would not have it any other way.

Here's some statistics of the travel:

  • I drove by 23 different states (though some of them I literally only dropped by)
    • Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania,  New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada & California
  • I drove in total of 5944 miles/ 9475 km
  • I rented the car in total for 32 days
  • Longest time on the road was 14 hours
  • Most consecutive Driving days was 5
  • From 32 days I overnighted 11 nights in Motels, 7 nights in the car and 14 nights by friends
  • Best timing: The wedding party of Jess and Jesse, and the Navajo/Hopi Indian festival in the Tuba City, Utah
  • Amount of "Angry Bird" videos filmed: 85 (most of them with minimum 2 people helping me out)
  • Amount of the videos in the final film: 61
  • Value of the stories: Priceless!
As a departing gift for all the readers of this blog, new and old, here's the final "Angry Birds" video from the travel:

No comments:

Post a Comment