Thursday, September 27, 2012

Orlando

25th tuesday morning was a nervous one. I had managed to book my car on the previous day and adamantly asked the lady in the phone "is that all the expenses that I will have from the car" and after the 3rd time she said "yes" i believed her. And what happened when I got the car from the Hertz counter? Extra charges!! One thing I've learned though traveling in the states before that it seems to be the promised land of hidden charges. No price tag you see is the actual cost of it.. of course mainly because of the tax system. But being from the europe where the price you see is the one you pay - it does get you confused time to time. Though this is something I knew from before so the extra cost of the car didn't come as a surprise. But what a car it is!! I think they felt bad for me at the counter and because they couldn't give me lower price they upgraded my car.. :) It is a Chevrolet Captiva 2011..
Now this is undoubtedly the best car I've ever driven (granted I've never owned a car and d hardly drive back home anyway). But just the control of the car is so comfy and easy. And the best part of it is that it is big enough for me to sleep in if needed! I'll try to find myself a sleeping bag and pillow from a store somewhere today. Anyways. After I got the car I started driving towards Orlando, FL.
Which was of course my first drive and I must say that it felt good. The drive itself was not the most exiting one (of you exclude the occasional missing the intersections and driving in circles to find back to the road). But after I realized that the new iPhone update came with an upgraded map service with a proper driving navigation!! It was all smooth driving. I was headed to the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, which is right next to the universal studios for my good friend from the ships (Jenna!) was staying there with her friends. And as a first thing (as you do) we had to take the water slide in the pool and order the first Drink. And they both felt good!
The rest of the night was as legendary as the start. We headed up to Downtown Orlando and partied the night away. A proper start to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment