Saturday, September 29, 2012

Halloween Horror Nights


I was really exited about this one since I've actually never proper experienced the whole halloween feeling in US. Cause it's not the same when celebrated in Finland. What we do is just another reason for  a costume party and drinking. But this time I got to see it in the "source". Of course Halloween itself is still a good month away, but this was as real as it gets!


One of the big reasons why I also wanted to go was that my friend from the Ships Jenna, is working in the Studios at the moment and performed in one of the shows: The 20 Penny Circus. It was a recreation of an old theme of traveling circuses when back of the days in US when a traveling circus came to town it was usually 20 pennies admission to get to go and see it. The show it self was about 30 min long and reminded me a bit of a burlesque - illusion - adult comedy show. And what made it more special was that the show was Jenna's first show. I also managed to meet her parents on the way to the show and I must say that she did really good!


I managed to catch another show too which was the Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure. The show is based on the film of a same title (excluding Halloween :) and is a representation of current pop culture from past year. And it was a good show! I must say that it did crack me up when "honey boo boo" came to do her routine on the stage. And by the way- thanks to Matt on the previous night for showing the show for me in TV. otherwise I would have had no idea what's going on. (It's an American reality TV show of this southern family and their day to day life. The "star" of the show is their daughter who takes part in beauty pageants around. Google  "honey Boo Boo" and you'll get the idea pretty quick). I managed to get a VIP access as well since some of my new friends Brad and Kristen.


Another highlight of the Horror Nights was "the walking Dead" haunted house. First of all it was the longest wait I've ever had to a theme park - but well worth it. So after apx 70 minutes wait I got to walk through the house and see the recreations of the TV show. (if you have a chance read the comic though! it's brilliant!)

All and all the whole atmosphere in the studios was very spooky and I was very impressed with the whole event all together with the running zombies - creatures - convicts with chainsaws etc. and the scary music on the background with lots of smoke and fire.. it was a great place to visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment