Friday, October 12, 2012

Long Island - Wedding Reception of Mr. & Mrs. Felluss

After staying two days and nights in NYC it was time to move on from the Big Apple. Not too far this time though, Only to Centerport Long Island, which was about an hour drive from Brooklyn. There I was to meet up with the Fellusses. Now I haven't seen either of them in about 2,5 years. The last time was during the "take out" of Allure of the Seas back in 2010. Now it was especially nice to come and celebrate since I was actually present on the same night they started seeing each other! So to have a chance to see it all come to this is AWESOME.. and even more so that I happened to be in NYC at the very same time they had their Wedding Reception was even more AWESOME!! And all of this happened by a chance!



I was planning to stay in the nearby Hotel for the night. But as I arrived there I found out that they were completely booked for the night. Which was really not a problem I could sort something out once in the party (I was hoping though to get to iron my shirt, the only "dress" shirt I have with which had caught up a wrinkle or two while in the back bag). But the party venue was right there next to the hotel and I got there around 2:30pm. Must say that it was so nice to see both Jess & Jesse! There's always something about meeting "ship people" on land that is great. Just to see people in their "real lives". 



And talking of real, this was also something I really wanted to experience: Real american people in a very real celebration settings. This was something I am searching during this trip. Getting that genuine wibe from it. It kinda reminded of me about a birthday party back in Tuamotus Atolls in French Polynesia, where we got to be a part of their celebration and ways to do it. Good times!


But then.. it was time for the Beer Pong (and for those of you who don't know what it is: you try to throw into the opponent teams 6 cups with table tennis balls. If you get it in they drink and vice versa. I'm sure you'll picture the rest).

The night was filled with laughter, games, emotional speeches, good food and great people. So happy I had a chance to be part of it!


I was planning originally to leave on the next day, but during the night I got asked to stay for another day and just chill with Jess & Jesse and few others who stayed behind. It was a proper "day after" sleeping late, Grayola (spelled something like that) playing and just chilling. Did check out the neighborhood a bit while there and it was such a beautiful area all together.

Really a good chill out day that I needed at this point. 

Mr. & Mrs. Felluss

This was the end of my first part of the travel. I-95 south to north!

No comments:

Post a Comment