Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Reliving the South Pacific

I arrived to Fairfax, Virginia around 2pm on Sunday 30th of October. The drive itself was an easy one since it was only for few hours up the I-95.

In Fairfax I got to meet with a Sailing friend of mine. He was the captain of the "Liquid Courage" and we had several adventures together two years ago while sailing cross the Pacific. Now I haven't seen him in those two years and when I did I actually realized that I haven't met with anybody else from the "African Innovation" (Our sailboat) than Einar in Oslo back in early 2011, so it was extremely nice to get to hear about their stories after we went different ways from Bora Bora and to talk just in general about the whole journey and get back to the memories.. and to get back truly.. here's a video from the last longer travel I did: "Sailing the South Pacific". I do onboard nowadays a lecture about the sailing across and this video is the last one that I show to the audience before I rap it up.


Unfortunately Don had a working assignment he had to go to on Monday, so our meeting was brief and only for one evening. But he did do me a BIG favor and gave me his place to stay while in Fairfax and exploring the Capital of US!! This was a great help for me (and saving) and from he's place I did spend two full days in Washington DC exploring all the sights. Coming up next!

Thanks Don for all your help!

1 comment:

  1. Love that you caught up with Don...the video brings back a lot of great memories.

    ReplyDelete