Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New York Day 2


The second day in the Big Apple I wanted to dedicate to full on being a tourist! I wanted to cover as many sights as possible in one day and then have a night out! 

I started out in manhattan by going to the "ground zero". To see how the new towers are coming up. And I must say that it was a pretty remarkable sight. The WTC one is already the tallest building in the whole landscape and the other buildings around it are taking nicely shape already. I believe there was 4 in total that were under construction in the area. SO many people though! After visiting the WTC memorial places I walked to harbor side to see if I could catch a ferry to go and see the Liberty Island and the Statue of liberty herself. It cost me $17 to get to the statue.. and about 60 min wait in a line. 

The ferry itself to the statue took about 25 minutes and the view you got from the city was brilliant! Luckily the day itself was all sunny and nice so I managed to get some great pictures of the city skyline and of course the statue itself. I must say that it was nice to see the statue live. I actually had no idea how big it would be or what to expect? I did think that it was a bit smaller than hollywood let's us think.. enormous still nonetheless!

After seeing the statue I managed to get a hold of one of my old ship friends who I had not seen in 2,5 years.. and of course on that very moment I ran out of battery from my Phone! luckily enough, right before that happened he managed to give me the name and address of the location - which was word to word: "Hanging in Patron on the 43rd & 9th" and then my phone died. First of all I had no idea what "patron" was or how far it would be. or even if I remembered the address correct for that matter. I decided to trust my guts nonetheless and headed toward the direction given. After 3 Metro changes - 4 blocks of walking and few bothered police officers for directions: I found out that Patron is a Bar and there was Tom still waiting!


It was a nice little Mexican flavored bar and as one should we took couple of discount margaritas and soon enough the night was ready to start. Night out in NYC. Not to be too colorful about the details it entitled singing with a piano man in another bar - some crazy dance battling in a night club and finally little bit of Karaoke to finish the night off! Good times.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment